Monday, February 15, 2010

My Valentine




Let me just tell you about the wonderful man I call my Valentine. When I met my Bubba, I was a wild child, out of a long since high school relationship and marriage (24 years with my former spouse). Party after party, wild and untamed. I met him and my heart was sunk, pure and simple. I haven't looked at another man since. I met someone who reminds me so much of my all time favorite man, my dad. My Bubba is so kind, sweet, slow to anger, patient, caring, loving, everything I could ask for all wrapped up in a big hulking man who is just one big teddy bear. I am not the easiest person to be around all the time. I am cranky, impatient, moody, bossy, and just plain needy. The good Lord knew just what I needed when he sent me Bubba! He loves me through all my bad. Every time. I have spent 20 years with him and have only heard him raise his voice maybe twice. Did I mention that I am the luckiest woman on the planet? I am loved, and I am lucky. I hope you all may someday meet your Bubba. But I'm not sharing mine.

1 comment: