Saturday, April 17, 2010

Life continues in spite of everything...




The two year anniversary of my dad's death just passed. My family was all very sad of course. We also just buried one of my dad's best friends in the same cemetary. They had been friends for 40 years or so. And today I go to my Godson's 30th birthday party. Strange, how things keep going on, people keep living, even when there is such loss. Sad, happy. Sad, happy, sad. No wonder we are conflicted. No wonder people need anti-depressants. No wonder there is religion, pot, alcohol, bars, parties and God. Each of us chooses how to get through this life. Some of us need more help than others. I have decided to stop judging other people on how they choose to make it through. And I hope they stop judging me too. I only have to answer to the Man Upstairs, as they say. Meanwhile, I am just trying to make up for a lot of bad. A lot of bad.....Thank God I am forgiven.
One of my sisters said something like how much she liked being accepted for just who she is. I agree. I have someone (besides God) who accepts every part of me, the good with the bad, the blessed and the rotten. Unconditional love. I married him! My dad was like that too. He truly loved each of us in our family, and boy do I strive to be more like him. Life goes on.....

1 comment:

  1. I love you. The roller coaster of life can be tough sometimes.... when we go down we always get to go back up at some point

    ReplyDelete