Saturday, May 8, 2010

Today, Mother's Day, I want to say thanks to my mom. Thanks for being such a great mom to all 11 of us kids! Thanks for loving us even when we were difficult. (Some of us still are!) You always were kind and loving even when we weren't so nice in return. You were so unselfish to give your whole life to your family and not ask for much in return. You and dad created some beautiful children mom, well most of us (ha ha). You did without so we could have a good education, fun vacations, lots of good food to eat, and birthday parties with cakes (I remember the wanting a cake with the doll in it and the cake was her dress and YOU CAME THROUGH!)

Although I never had children of my own, I do appreciate how hard you and dad had it raising all of us. Most people cant even imagine it, and you pulled it off with so much love, it still amazes me! I spent my life not wanting to have anything to do with children, and tried to be so different from you. Now, as I have told you, I strive to be more like you. I can't imagine a day when you will not be here, who will I turn to to know how to live? Or who will make me feel better when I screw up? Unconditional love. That's you mom.
I may not have shown it when I was younger, but I really do appreciate all you and dad have done for me (us) over the years and I want to thank you, mom. Thanks for all the love. I know it wasn't easy, and you sure did a great job. Lots of love back at you MOM!!!!! You're the GREATEST!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment